Get A Parenting Kit
The Kit for New Parents is a practical resource on a wide range of parenting topics to help prepare children to reach their greatest potential in school and life. The kits are available in English, Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean and Vietnamese.
The free Kit now includes:
- Your Choices Shape Their Future - First 5 California brochure
- Advice for New Parents DVD with a new Oral Health section
- Advice for New Parents companion booklet (English and Spanish Kit only)
- “What to do When your Child Gets Sick”
- “Happy Baby” Bilingual book
- Poison Action Line information
- Growth Chart: Look at me! Birth to three!
Community and public agencies that provide services to families with children 0 to 5 years partner with First 5 to distribute the Kit, free of charge. If you would like to distribute Kits, please complete and submit the Order Form for Kits for New Parents . You can either receive free on-going, monthly delivery of Kits or receive a free one-time shipment. In either case, you will need to arrange storage for the Kits. Parents can order the Parent Kits directly from the state:
- For English Kits, call (800) 543-7025
- For Spanish Kits, call (800) 506-4667
- For Chinese Kits (Mandarin or Cantonese), call (800) 597-9366
- For Korean Kits, call (800) 597-9551
- For Vietnamese Kits, call (800) 597-9855
Remember, the Kits are most helpful for parents before the baby arrives.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Camille Denzel at 510.227.6917 or firstname.lastname@example.org.